Marketing Plan for HOK Talent Solutions
HOK Talent Solutions is a national health & safety executive search agency. They help employers recruit the best and most experience health, safety and environment professionals. This case study outlines how we worked with HOK Talent Solutions to develop a marketing plan.
The Marketing Opportunities & Challenges
Brainbox Marketing was engaged to help HOK Talent Solutions develop a marketing plan.
Our first step was research. We conducted:
- Client & candidate research via a telephone survey.
- Desktop research of HOK Talent Solutions’ competitors.
- Audit of HOK Talent Solutions website using 3rd party analytical tools, including keyword research.
We discussed our findings with Director, Helen O’Keefe, and together we determined the marketing opportunities and priorities for her business.
HOK Talent Solutions clients and candidates gave the agency 5 star reviews. This is marketing gold! Our brief was to elevate the HOK Talent Solutions brand and raise the profile of the agency with candidates, clients and prospects.
Together with our client, we focussed on the following marketing activities:
- Visual branding – create a library of original photography to tell a visual story about HOK’s expertise in health & safety.
- Textual branding – develop a clear elevator pitch to tell the HOK story in 30 seconds.
- Podcast – Helen wanted to spark a conversation among leaders about health & safety. We published the podcast on iTunes, Spotify and the HOK website, then promoted it on social media and via email to raise HOK’s profile and keep the agency top-of-mind with clients and candidates.
- Email marketing – HOK had a large database of clients and candidates, many of them raving fans of the agency. We set up a regular client and candidate eNews to keep HOK’s network in touch with the latest developments and job opportunities with the agency.
- Website – HOK Talent Solutions had a single page website, which limited the agency’s organic search potential. We transitioned the website over to WordPress, adding new pages, updating content (text and photos), added in the new brand statements and captured the full scope HOK’s services.
- Marketing collateral including an A4 brochure to be used as a give away at conferences, for candidates and at sales calls, as well as a pull up banner.
HOK Talent Solutions marketing plan has just recently been implemented but the early results look great. For example, the first client and candidate email performed 36 percent above the industry benchmark for both open and click through rates, as well as receiving positive anecdotal feedback.
Brainbox Marketing will continue to work with HOK Talent Solutions, setting marketing objectives, delivering campaigns, measuring results and refining the strategy to take advantage of learnings as we progress.